Immigrant families who have children with special needs face unique challenges. These are made more difficult with the added pressure of moving to another country and adapting to a new way of life.
They also may be worrying if and how your program can best meet their child’s needs—and what other government and community-based programs may be available to provide additional help.
See what information, tools and resources are available for you to include and support children with special needs—and work with their families to make the transition as smooth as possible:
- CMAS Webinar- Communication: Looking Through the Lens of Behaviour
- CMAS in Action: A Team Effort– Supporting Special Needs in CNC
- The Importance of Early Identification for Newcomer Children with Special Needs: Helping you Manage CNC Webinar
- How to Connect Families with Special Needs Support
Resources published by CMAS to help better serve immigrant children with special needs
- Podcast: Working with Children with Developmental Delays and Autism
- New Special Needs Tutorial Series: How to Write an IPP
- Supporting Special Needs in Your Program
- VIDEO: What is “Self-Reg”?
External publications and helpful links on special needs available through the CMAS website