In a child care program, the basic needs of the children—their health and safety—are often the most complicated, with strict rules and procedures to follow. They are also the most important, as you are responsible for their physical and emotional well-being.
That’s why it is critical to stay current on regulations surrounding health and safety issues.
Learn about health and safety related topics like nutrition, infection control, physical activity and child abuse identification, as well as link to important government sponsored product recall information:
- New Online Tutorial- Managing Risk: Supervision of Children
- Does your team know the 5 steps to follow if a child has a severe allergic reaction?
- New Quick-Tip Tutorial: Importance of Fire Drills
- Providing Quality Newcomer Infant Care
Resources published by CMAS on the subject of keeping immigrant children safe and healthy while in your care
- Webinar: Updated recommendations for early introduction of allergenic foods
- Keeping Reusable Water Bottles Clean
- How to Facilitate Risky Play
- Healthy Habits for Life Child Care Resource Kit
External publications and helpful links available through the CMAS website that deal with child health and safety