In a child care program, the basic needs of the children—their health and safety—are often the most complicated, with strict rules and procedures to follow. They are also the most important, as you are responsible for their physical and emotional well-being.
That’s why it is critical to stay current on regulations surrounding health and safety issues.
Learn about health and safety related topics like nutrition, infection control, physical activity and child abuse identification, as well as link to important government sponsored product recall information:
Quick Tip Sheets
Quick reference, practical tip sheets relating to the health and safety of newcomers in child care programs
- New Online Tutorial- Managing Risk: Supervision of Children
- New Quick-Tip Tutorial: Importance of Fire Drills
- Helping You Meet the Requirements: Serious Occurrences
- Keeping Kids Safe is the Most Important Thing: Part 1 – Key Messages – Pearl Rimer
Expert resources published by CMAS on the subject of keeping immigrant children safe and healthy while in your care
- Menu Planning Resources
- Webinar -Trauma Informed Care in ECE: Key Strategies for Healing and Behavioural Change
- Tips for Arranging Child Care Spaces
- Supporting Children’s Safety through Professional Supervision
External publications and helpful links available through the CMAS website that deal with child health and safety