In a child care program, the basic needs of the children—their health and safety—are often the most complicated, with strict rules and procedures to follow. They are also the most important, as you are responsible for their physical and emotional well-being.
That’s why it is critical to stay current on regulations surrounding health and safety issues.
Learn about health and safety related topics like nutrition, infection control, physical activity and child abuse identification, as well as link to important government sponsored product recall information:
- New CMAS Online Course: Understanding Child Abuse and Your Duty to Report
- New Online Tutorial- Managing Risk: Supervision of Children
- Does your team know the 5 steps to follow if a child has a severe allergic reaction?
- New Quick-Tip Tutorial: Importance of Fire Drills
Resources published by CMAS on the subject of keeping immigrant children safe and healthy while in your care
- NARA Child Care Webinar Series: Best Practices for Keeping Child Care Settings Healthy and Safe During the Pandemic
- Paint Your Plate: A Toolkit for Encouraging Healthy Eating in CNC
- We Have the Moves: Physical Activity Resource
- Newcomer Nutrition Education Toolkit
External publications and helpful links available through the CMAS website that deal with child health and safety