This online workshop gives you knowledge and tools you can use to collaborate with and gain the trust of the families of the children in your care.
The course covers both the theory and practice behind topics that include family and child-centred care, diversity and bias, cross cultural child-rearing practices and communication, and building trusting relationships.
By the end of this workshop, you should feel confident in your ability to create positive, professional and trusting relationships with families that are based on mutual respect and recognition of the value of diversity.
- Learn how to implement and support family-centred care
- Understand how to work and build trusting relationships with newcomer families
- Gain an understanding of diversity and biases
- Learn how to assess and respond to biases, including one’s own
- Learn strategies to create a culturally supportive environment
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of family-centred care
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships with newcomer families
- Demonstrate respect of diversity
- Recognize bias in themselves and change behaviours to be more inclusive