Assessments of LINC Childminding programs are conducted once a year by CMAS. CMAS works with each LINC Childminding program to review practices and identify any areas that do not meet the standards of the National LINC Childminding Requirements (NLCR).
The CMAS assessment is a transparent, inclusive monitoring and support process to help LINC Childminding facilities meet the NLCR in the areas of:
- child health and safety
- staffing and supervision.
Steps in the Assessment Process
- Getting Ready
- Every January, each Service Provider Organization (SPO) receives a “Welcome Back” letter and package , which includes information on the upcoming yearly assessment. Included in the “Welcome Back” package is a list of support documents that will assist the childminding program in meeting the NLCR. The letter and package is sent to both the LINC Coordinator (or Executive Director) and the Lead Childminder.
- Shortly after the “Welcome Back” letter and package arrives, the childminding program receives a phone call from the CMAS Assessment Consultant and an assessment visit is booked. The Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) Project Officer responsible for the SPO is invited to attend the assessment visit.
- Two weeks prior to the assessment visit, a confirmation letter arrives with a list of the required documentation to complete the assessment.
Do you have questions about working with newcomer families? About childcare issues? About making your facility work for children?
This is how we can help:
- We provide information, suggestions and hands-on assistance to LINC Childminding programs.
- As a clearinghouse on issues of health and safety and newcomer settlement, we can serve as a resource for practical information that will help newcomer families settle into a new country and community.
- We are available to visit facilities to help with everything from fire drills to room design.
NOTE: If you are planning a move or renovation, remember to request the CMAS booklet From Selection to Set Up: How to Start a LINC Childminding Program. CMAS can also provide on-site support in planning your new space.