Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) presents a comprehensive website, designed to “provide families with reliable, current information about all areas influencing child health and family quality of life, in a format that is easy to understand.”
Included are online “Resources Centers” on:
- major issues in children’s health such as ADHD, asthma, diabetes and pain management;
- “Health A-Z”, with hundreds of articles on various topics;
- “How the Body Works,” an animated interactive atlas of child anatomy and physiology for parents and caregivers;
- “Just for Kids,” with colourful, interactive pages and downloadable activity sheets, bookmarks, etc.;
- “Ask Dr. Pat,” a question-and-answer page; and
- a newsletter with articles on all aspects of children’s health, development, relationships and safety.
Of particular interest to child care providers working with newcomer children are recent articles like “Helping Immigrant Children Succeed” and “Attending to the Health of Immigrant Children”.