Caring for Syrian Refugee Children: A Program Guide for Welcoming Young Children and Their Families
• information on the Syrian culture;
• information on the refugee experience, the effects of trauma and culture shock and how to respond to them;
• practical tip sheets designed to easily print out and share with your team
- Supporting Refugee Families Through Gradual Separation
- Supporting Home Language Maintenance
- Creating a Safe and Welcoming Environment
- Helping Refugee Children Cope with Stress
These Caring for Syrian Refugee Children tip sheets offer practical strategies that are designed to be taken straight off the page and put into practice. They can be quickly and easily printed out to share with your team.
Other Helpful Resources
- Report: Collaboration Improves Access to Early Childhood Education for Refugees
- All About Child Care Brochure
- Arabic Words Tip Sheet
- Language Learning Stages and Strategies: Quick Reference Sheet
These resources may be helpful in supporting the Syrian refugee families in your program.